This release features important security updates to Firefox.
In addition to security updates to Firefox (52.7.0esr) this release includes newer versions of Tor (0.3.2.10), NoScript (188.8.131.52), and obfs4proxy (0.0.7).
Moreover, we fixed sandbox incompatibilities for 64bit Windows Vista users and amended the NoScript whitelist, which unbreaks extension panels on higher security levels.
Note: We did not include the latest HTTPS Everywhere release in Tor Browser 7.5.1 as we need to first test some changes in its new build system in an alpha release to make sure we still can build everything reproducibly. We expect to have this fixed in the next stable release, though. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 7.5 is:
- All platforms
- Update Firefox to 52.7.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.2.10
- Update Torbutton to 184.108.40.206
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.14.4
- Bug 25089: Special characters are not escaped in proxy password
- Translations update
- Update NoScript to 220.127.116.11
- Bug 25356: Update obfs4proxy to v0.0.7
- Bug 25000: Add [System+Principal] to the NoScript whitelist
- Bug 25112: Disable sandboxing on 64-bit Windows <= Vista