Tor Browser 5.5.5 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from ourdistribution directory.
This release features important security updates to Firefox.
This release updates Firefox to 38.8.0esr. Additionally, we bump NoScript to version 184.108.40.206 and HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.1.6.
Moreover, we don’t advertise our help desk anymore as we are currently restructuring our user support.
Here is the full changelog since 5.5.4:
Tor Browser 5.5.5 — April 26 2016
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 38.8.0esr
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.7.9
- Bug 10534: Don’t advertise the help desk directly anymore
- Translation updates
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.1.6
- Update NoScript to 220.127.116.11
- Bug 18726: Add new default obfs4 bridge (GreenBelt)